San Francisco Attractions and Family Vacation Ideas
San Francisco's Most Famous Attractions Are Just Minutes Away
Our hotel offers you convenient access to the storied Golden Gate Bridge, seal watching and so much more - all just a cab ride away from downtown San Francisco. Best Western Plus The Tuscan's central location in the heart of Fisherman's Wharf ensures that our guests are close to some of San Francisco's most famous tourist attractions. The vibrant neighborhood and commercial fishing area is home to world-class dining, shopping and endless entertainment. The home of the city's storied fishing fleet, Fisherman's Wharf offers some of the following "don't miss" experiences:
Visit Fisherman's Wharf: more
- The chance to see the city's fisherman at work along "Fish Alley"
- The famous sea lions
- The Aquarium of the Bay at PIER 39
- THE CANNERY shops
- Ghirardelli Square
- Learn More About Fishermans Wharf
Visit North Beach more
- San Francisco's "little Italy" is known for its amazing Italian Cuisine, sidewalk coffee shops and lively nightclub scene.
- Enjoy views of Coit Tower or climb to the top on Telegraph hill.
- Enjoy a cup of Gelato or pick up a meal and dine al fresco with a picnic and a stroll through Colombus Square.
Visit Alcatraz more
- Visit the historical landmark island that has been a civil war fort, a military prison and one of the most notorious federal penitentiaries.
Visit The Golden Gate Bridge more
- Walk or bike the Golden gate bridge and marvel in one of the seven wonders of the modern world.
- It's estimated that 5,000 – 10,000 gallons of paint are used to repaint the Golden Gate Bridge each year.
Our approachable and knowledgeable staff is always ready to help you experience Fisherman's Wharf in all of its glory.
Other Famous San Francisco Attractionsmore
- Alcatraz Prison & Tours—1.3 Miles
- St. Peter, Paul Church—.5 Miles
- Presidio National Park—3 Miles
- San Francisco Museum of Modern Art—2 Miles
- AT&T Park—3 Miles
- Hyde Street—.5 Miles
- Coit Tower—1 Mile
- Lombard Street (most crooked street in the world)—.5 Miles
- San Francisco's Aquatic Park—4 Miles
- Historic F-Line Trolley Cars—500 ft
- San Francisco Bay Ferry Service—1.5 Miles
- San Francisco Bay Cruises—.5 Miles
- Beach Blanket Babylon Production—1 Mile
- Historic Ferry Building—1.7 Miles
- Wax Museum—.2 Miles
- Union Square Shopping—1.8 Miles
- Golden Gate Bridge—4 Miles
- Chinatown—1.3 Miles
- North Beach—.7 Miles
- Yerba Buena Gardens—2.5 Miles
- Golden Gate Park—7 Miles
- City Hall—2.3 Miles
- Historic Haight Ashbury—4.5 Miles